Welcome to the VIU Library homepage where research is only a click away. The VIU library collection offers students access to thousands of books and Journals which include the following:
- The William E. Nix Electronic Library (TWENEL) is a collection of 100,000 online full-text books, journals articles, video files, MP3, EBSCO Host Religion and Philosophy, ProQuest Journals, and special religion collection of rare books, and more.
- EBSCO Historical Monograph Series with 30,000 full-text e-books on religion, theology, and literature dating from the 13th-century to the 20-century.
- VIU Library print Collection of nearly 4,000 volumes located at the main campus in Orange County.
- The shared library of 20,000 print volumes shared at Calvary Chapel Bible College (Murrieta), and 4900 additional CCBC books on our campus in Santa Ana. The CCBC (Murrieta) library is located at: 39407 Murrieta Hot Springs Road, Murrieta, CA 92563.
Hours of operation: 9:00am – 5:00pm M-F; closed Saturday, Sundays, and Holidays.
Joseph McElroy, M.L.S.
Anna McElroy, M.L.S.
Library Operations Manual
Overdue Items Policy
Library Information Brochure
Library Mission Statement
The library provides the communities of Veritas International University with services and resources that reflect depth of knowledge and diversity of opinion to develop critical thinking skills and encourage lifelong learning.
- Increase depth and breadth of the collection, in a variety of formats, by continuous evaluation and improvement of the library’s resources.
- Create an environment that promotes study and research by maintaining and improving the physical environment of the holdings and use of the library.
- Improve access to the library collections and promote library services to students and faculty.
- Develop instruction for lifelong learning and critical thinking skills
- Continue systematic updates of computer hardware and enhance access to new software technologies.
- Develop and increase as needed a quality staff in the service and operations of the library.
The VIU Library provides the following services to students, faculty, and staff of VIU:
- Information and reference/research assistance for individuals and groups
- Library research instruction (Information Literacy)
- Useful, dynamic library website that provides 24/7 access to sources and services
- Remotely accessible research databases
- Online and remotely accessible library catalog and research engine
- Course reserves
- Computers and wireless access
- Photocopying, printing & scanning
- Regularly updated website
- Posted library hours
- Book drop
Online Research TWENEL Portals
– Carl F. Henry Contemporary Evangelical Thought Collection
– Reformed Bookshelf Collection
– Princeton Collection
– Biblical Archaeological Society Online Archives
– Ages/Electronic Bible Society
– Christian Classics Ethereal Library (CCEL)
– EBSCO Host Philosophy and Religion
– ATLA Historical Monograph Collection I & II (13th century to early 20th century)
– Puritan Collection
– VIU General Library e-Collection
– VIU Library Search of print volumes
– VIU Media Collection
– Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society PDF Archives
Biblical Archaeology Archives
The Claremont Colleges Digital Library (CCDL)
Christian Classics Ethereal Library (CCEL)
Internet Archive (Full Text Books)
Princeton Theological Seminary Electronic Library
The William E. Nix Electronic Library (TWENEL)